Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I dreamed of Adam last night. I pray that I will dream of him but I'm not sure whether it is better to dream or not dream. Even if it is a good dream, you feel such heartache because you wake up to the reality that he really is gone. In my dream last night, he was smiling and seemed happy. He had that shy, mischievous grin on his face, the one that always makes me smile when I think of him. He hugged me and I didn't want to let him go. I put my cheek on his chest and thought to myself," I have to remember how he feels, how he smells" because in my dream I knew I was dreaming. Does that make sense? When I realized I was dreaming I started trying to scream, that scream that you can never get out. The scream that comes from the depths of your soul. The scream of the brokenhearted. I woke up crying and unable to breath. As I sit here, I'm still in my pajamas.

Last night before I went to sleep, I told myself I was going to go see my mom today but after I got up, it just seemed like too much of an effort to even get out of bed. If I didn't have to take the dogs out, I would probably still be there.

2 comments:

  1. Today I have thought of Adam all day, I have thought of your family all day. I spent most of my day searching the internet reading every article, looking at every picture and thanking God for putting people like Adam on this earth to take care of those of us who do not have the courage to give what he was willing to and did give...

    I hope you will find at least a thread of comfort knowing there are those out there that are truly grateful for what Adam did for us all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know me - I found your blog through your comment to Hope A. Nonetheless, I feel compelled to write. As a mother, I am praying for you. I can't understand your pain, so praying for you is all I know to do. I also can't express in words the gratitude I feel towards your son. What an honorable, heroic, unselfish and brave man. I know he will never be forgotten by those of you who knew and love him, but I will always keep him in my heart as well. May God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete